femmenerd tagged me for the writing meme.
Post a list of your top five favorite fics you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
1. His Body a Boat - Angel the Series - Spike/Angel - Adult. I'd started off my fannish life by drabbling and posting to open_on_sunday so I attempted to write a fic with a series of drabbles. All the ideas in here, I'd worked on for five months trying to write this *huge* fic. This ended up at 1200 words (12 drabbles). I *loved* paring it down to almost nothing while keeping a large story behind it.
2. Five Years Later at a Holiday Inn - Angel the Series - Angel/Connor - Adult. I wrote this as a birthday fic but found that I needed to say this. Which totally blindsided me. I've thought a lot about post-NFA Connor and all the memories/voices inside his head and how he's now a California dude but really not. And there are times, I think, where Angel really wants to hand that knife to Connor. Iphigenia in Tauris meets modern chamber drama.
3. There is no once, and once only - Smallville - Clark/Lex - R-ish Adult. My second fic in a new fandom, I went for a change of voice. My style is usually quite spare, but Lex is so aware of his own poetry that I added a lyrical lilt to this. And I engaged in repetition, slightly changing the important phrases and then returning them as this moved along.
4. When You're Done - Smallville - Clark/Lex - Adult. Although this has been done time and again, I still wonder what would happen if Lex succeeded in killing Superman? The relationship wouldn't end. I made this as spare and as calm as possible to counteract the dark theme, each part only a glimpse. Not quite drabbles since I didn't want to give it *too* much structure either. Lex leans on structure and purpose and I didn't *quite* want to give it to him.
5. Of Chess and Cookie Jars, Very Important Things - Smallville - Clark/Lex - Adult. Oh this one was just for me. *g* I'd come into the fandom late and hadn't had a chance to experience that joy of their initial relationship onscreen. So I just hopped into my little time machine and went back to S1. And I had such fun with Clark. I've written him older but this was before life shook him hard.
Honorable Mentions: Familiar (AtS, Spike/Angel), Something Else (AtS, Angel/Nina), Speak of the Devil (SV, Clark/Lex, Lex/Oliver, Clark/Oliver).
Well, I'm supposed to tag five more people, but I'm sure everyone's done this already. If you haven't? I tag *you*!