Nothing like the scent of cedar and camphor in the morning. Mmmmm, smell the aroma.
1) I have a threesome kink. I will read the most prosaic, OOC PWP just to get down to the mechanics. Slash, femslash, mix and match, I don't care. My least favorite of these are the het threesomes. You know, where the same-gendered participants just pay attention to the third person and ignore each other. Um, no. If you're gonna go there--go there. Show me the money-shot. Tangle those limbs up.
1a) I will read Angel/Spike/anyone. Even Angel/Spike/Willow. Oh, the shame... I'm still waiting for the quintessential Angel/Spike/Riley. Hell, *any* Angel/Spike/Riley. And the world needs more Buffy/Faith/Angel/Spike. Yes indeedy, it surely does.
2) I have written terrible RPS that only Kita has seen. It is an onion field of pure reekiness. An onion field next to a stockyard.
3) I entered fandom as a Spuffy and one of the rabid Spikefen. The first board that I signed onto? BAPS. Yes, I'm a BAPSter. I spent *hours* every day reading redemption essay after redemption essay. The first fic I ever read was on that board. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. However, Barb C., known hereabouts as rahirah *did* impress me. The first time I ever clicked on LJ was to check out her journal.
4) Spander is my first fanfic love. I read everything there was to read. One morning the Romanitas didn't go to preschool because I couldn't stop reading Subtleties by eliade. I didn't even get them dressed until noon that day.
I am more well-read in S/X than in any other pairing. Including the one I write.
5) The first fic I ever wrote? Star Trek, the original series. Atrocious Spock/Nurse Chapel. Forgive me, I was ten. The sad thing? I couldn't Mary-Sue myself into any of my little girl fan fantasies. Every little girl should save the Starship Enterprise once. Really, they should.
6) I like transgressive fic, including incest fic. The threesome thing can just be about the pretty but there's something about the fucked-upedness of incest fic that punches me in the gut. This includes Shannon/Boone and Angel/Connor. I've only read one Buffy/Dawn that fit outside of the PWP box. And I'm not sure that the author would want me to pimp it here. Because of the stigma. Angel/Connor is more socially acceptable.
Speaking of which...
7) I am the queen of the WIP. For someone who really only has a few pieces, I've got tons of abandoned WIPs on my hard drive. And tons more taking up needed electron pathways in my brain. One of these includes an Angel/Spike/Connor post-NFA, post-apocalyptic trip down to Mexico to find Nina. It rambles endlessly. Ah, travel fic. One of these days I'll get brave and list all the WIPs. Like my Oxnard Xander/Lindsey. Or my Riley/Sam in Bangkok.
I spend much too much time thinking of Jossverse. Much too much.
ETA: Happy Birthday, dovil!